Requirements for a Minor in Political Economy
- 24 credit hours of coursework, 12 of which must be upper-division (3000+ level), to be taken in both the Economics and Political Science departments.
- All courses must be completed with a grade of C- or better.
- ECON 1010 Introduction to Microeconomics or ECON 1050 Economics in Practice
- ECON 2020 - Introduction to Macroeconomics
- PSC 1010 - Introduction to Global Politics
- PSC 1100 - The American Political System
Complete two of the following Economics courses.
- ECON 3150 - History of Economic Thought
- ECON 3500 - Economic History of the United States
- ECON 3710 - Comparative Economic Systems
- ECON 3770 - Economic Development
- ECON 3850 - Law and Economics
- ECON 4510 - Constitution and the Economy
- ECON 4520 - Economic Freedom
- ECON 4530 - Power and Prosperity
Complete two of following Political Science courses.
- PSC 3030 - Political Parties
- PSC 3420 - Political Theory
- PSC 4020 - The American Congress
- PSC 4130 - Latin-American Politics and Development
- PSC 4210 - International Politics
- PSC 4220 - Comparative Politics
- PSC 4260 - International Organization
- PSC 4270 - Latin America in World Politics
- PSC 4280 - International Political Economy
- PSC 4390 - The Presidency
- PSC 4460 - Administrative Law
- PSC 4470 - Constitutional Law
Read More About
Recommended Plans of Study
These guides provide suggestions for plans of study for those students intending to pursue either advanced study or careers in the indicated areas.